Sunday, April 23, 2006

Where Did You Go to School?

Shigeki participated in a meme. I found one of the questions interesting: How many schools did you go to?

My list is fairly long too ...

I went to kindergarten in Belmont, NC. I can't remember the name of the school though.

1st - 4th grade, I went to Murphy Elementary in Murphy, NC.

Then, my family moved to Stallings, NC. I went to Indian Trail Elementary for 5th grade and Sun Valley Middle School for 6th Grade.

We moved again to Rural Hall, NC. I went to Mineral Springs Junior High for 7th and 8th grade and North Forsyth High School for 9th - 12th grade.

I earned my BA in Science Education at Elon College (now University). While there, I spent a semester at Birkbeck College, University of London. I also took summer courses at Gaston County Community College (in NC) and Appalachian State University (in Boone, NC).

If teaching counts, I taught biology for 2 years at West Montgomery High School in Mt. Gilead, NC.

Then, I taught conversational English at the California Language Institute in Kokura, Kitakyushu Japan for one year and the Center for International Communication in Futajima, Kitakyushu Japan for two years. While in Japan, I took a one semester beginning Japanese language course at Kitakyushu University. I also took language classes at the Kitakyushu International Center.

After returning stateside, I took calculus at a community college in Hickory, NC and a pottery class at Western Piedmont Community College in Morganton, NC. I had to withdraw from the pottery class, because I went to Beijing to teach a semester of Business English at Kangpei Junior College.

After that, I earned my MA in Global Environmental Policy at American University here in Washington, DC.

And, I've taken personal enrichment courses [advanced beginner's Mandarin Chinese and two domestic environmental policy courses] at the USDA Graduate School.

OK. I think that's it. I put schools that I either attended full-time or worked at full-time in bold, and I italicized schools in which I only took a few classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment