Thursday, April 27, 2006

Pre-Departure Jitters

The dog has been taken to the kennel.

The kitty has been given enough food/water/love to [hopefully] last until Monday. Maybe John will stop by on Sunday to check on her, though.

The bags [one small rolly carry-on and one small "briefcase," which is actually a funky shoulder bag I bought in Thailand] are [mostly] packed.

Now, comes the waiting ... I'll be leaving the house in a couple of hours. The waiting is the worst. I hate it. I'm all jittery. I'm not worried about the flight - it's more of what do I do after I arrive.

Where is the rental car place?
How do I get from the airport to the hotel?
OMFG, I HAVE TO DRIVE!!! IN ATLANTA!!! LAND OF CRAZY DRIVERS!!!
What about checking into the room? What if Catherine isn't there when I arrive?

GAH! I'm a bundle-de-bundle of nerves. I should have a drink. I won't drink at the airport or on the plane, because I'll be driving. GAH!

I so hate driving.

Christal called and asked if I would have time to swing by and bring her her mail. I did, but when I got to her place I realized I had left her key at John's. I don't feel like going back. I can mail her her mail on Tuesday.

Quoth Robert:
CALM BLUE OCEAN!!! CALM BLUE OCEAN!!!

2 comments:

  1. OK I ADMIT IT. I STOLE THAT FROM MS. KRABAPPEL

    ReplyDelete