All Hail Jaleo
Last night, I met my friend, Bellringer Mike, at Jaleo to celebrate our birthdays. His is the day after mine.I arrived a little before six and had a glass of sangria at the bar while waiting for Mike to arrive. The bartender was supercute with his yummy Spanish accent and winning smile. *melt* "You can come home to live with me ... until April 29th," I almost said aloud.
Mike arrived. We chatted. Here's what we ordered:
Half pitcher of sangria (yum)
Manzanas con Manchego, Apple and Manchego salad, $5.75
Pimientos del piquillo rellenos de queso y setas, Sweet peppers stuffed with goat cheese and mushrooms, $6.95
Patatas bravas, Fried potatoes with spicy tomato sauce & alioli, $3.95
Dátiles con tocino como hace todo el mundo, Traditional fritters of dates and bacon*, $4.95
Garbanzos con espinacas ‘Que bien cocinas, Tichi’ , Moorish stew of chickpeas and spinach, $5.25
*Of course, I couldn't eat these. But, because my cousin raves about them, I made Mike order them. And, forced him to eat them all.
Pastel Vasco con helado de leche merengada, Basque cake with semolina cream, cinnamon-vanilla sauce & ice milk, $7.50
And, coffee (for me).
Grand total: $51.59. Mike covered the extra $1.59 [I had a $50 gift card from my parents] and we left $5 each for the tip.
Not bad for a super-fantastic meal at my favorite restaurant. Plus, it was great seeing Mike and catching up on all the latest news in his life.
Goals for today:
- Remember the frozen pizza that I left at work again.
- Make reservations at the kennel for the last weekend in April.
- Find the correct address for John's Hawaii tax payment.
- Research the opera L'Elisir d'Amore.
- Finish my birthday thank you notes.
- Oh. And, maybe, do some work.
God, I am soooo hungry reading your menu. Yum yum YUM yum yum!
ReplyDelete