Friday, April 07, 2006

Prima Donna. First Lady of the Stage

Your devotees are on their knees
To Adore You.


I forgot to mention that ever since seeing the opera last night, I've been stifling a burning to desire to sing all of my conversations. In Italian.

Of course, not knowing Italian makes that very difficult. As does not being able to carry a tune in a bucket, with an ergonomic handle.

Naturally, since I am unable to sing all of my conversations in Italian, I am instead [in my head] singing an interesting mix of musical numbers from The Phantom of the Opera and Fiddler on the Roof. My brain is so weird.

I suppose that's slightly better than singing the proper way to comply with the Toxic Substances Control Act Section 13 Import Regulations to a caller from the United Kingdom.

4 comments:

  1. and do you have the urge to repeat each sentence 20 times before completing the thought? tra la la la la la la..... (italian for happiness)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish real life would turn into a musical every now and then. Not like all the time, of course. But occasionally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:47 PM

    I do the same thing when I watch British movies, my British accent goes on for the next hour or so!

    ReplyDelete
  4. **musicals***??? i'm in shock! how does that topic even come up in this context? hehe....

    ReplyDelete