Monday, April 24, 2006

Do You Tattoo?

Here's a picture of my tattoo. I was playing with my cell phone camera last night after drinking a pitcher of margaritas and soaking in the hot tub.

I got it on the day before my 30th birthday [March 16th], so, if I ever regretted having a tattoo, I could blame it on a youthful indiscretion. "I was in my 20s," I could say, my voice slightly tinged with shame and remorse.

The character, itself, is pronounced "inochi" in Japanese which means "life." In Chinese, I believe it is "ming" and means "fate" or "destiny." It's located just above my inner right ankle.

In other exciting news, it's VUBOQ's first ever MEAT-FREE MONDAY!!!

Woo-hoo!

Do your part for your health and for the environment: Give up meat for one meal today! If you do, take a picture, post it on your blog, and leave a comment here! I'll visit and give you lots and lots and lots of meat-free smooches.

I will be combining experimental cooking with Meat-Free Monday this evening. The ingredients: portabello mushrooms caps, polenta, cheese, tomato, spinach (maybe), roasted red peppers, and some other stuff. Update this evening on how it all turns out.

4 comments:

  1. I am not eating any meat today. I may not eat anything at all today, considering how terrible my hang over is.

    Have fun with your polenta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i didn't eat meat for breakfast.

    i recognize that character, it means: ocean pacific

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG did you say Polenta? My mother made this all the time growing up (as did my Nonna). The custom is also to take the leftover cut into chunks and pany fry till browned on a skillet or pan. mmmmm

    Now I'm hungry. Oh and I saw this too late to take part (turkey wrap for lunch), maybe next week.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. let's see...today i had a salmon sandwich and vegetable soup. sorry to say that it has a beef stock. for some stupid reason we can't find vegitarian vegetable soup here unless we want to pay an arm and a leg and it always ends up tasting tinny :P *sigh*

    ReplyDelete