Monday, April 24, 2006

Meat-free Monday: Polenta Portabello Edition

The assembled ingredients: portabello mushroom caps, polenta, garlic, mozzarella, tomato, fire-roasted red peppers, cooking twine, bag o' salad, and -the most important ingredient- dirty sapphire martini [Just in case it's bad, you ... meaning me ... will be drunk and it won't matter].

After rinsing the mushroom caps, brush with olive oil. Stuff the caps with polenta. layer with sliced mozzarella and a slice of tomato (which I deseeded and filled with polenta). Tie together with the twine. Place in baking dish.

While baking at (about) 450 for (about) 30 minutes, make the red pepper puree with the red peppers, garlic, olive oil, some pepper, salt, and basil.

[I *heart* my little handmixer/food processor thingy]




Cooking takes a long time ...



I could've assembled a salad like this, but I decided that 1) bag o' salad is much easier and 2) I really don't like cooking in my underwear. [I much prefer to cook nekkid.]

And, the final product:



The verdict: YUMMILICIOUS

*burpy garlic smooches*

6 comments:

  1. mmm, that does look yummy.

    GIVE IT TO ME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks quite lovely. someday when i'm all rich and stuff i'm going to come and visit you and you can filly my tummy with all kinds of vegie goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious! Every time you talk about what you cook, I am left in awe of your creative vegetarian-ness.

    I didn't have any meat today, but I probably don't get extra credit for that. #1, I don't eat mammal anyway, so leaving out the rest of the animal kingdom for a day isn't much of a stretch. #2, my mouth is still killing me from getting my wisdom teeth out, and the only thing I was able to eat today was ice cream. But I promise, even if I'd seen meat ice cream at the store, I wouldn't have gotten it!

    ~~Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, I'm coming to your house and you're cooking for me. I *HEART* YOU and everything you stand for. Damn, boy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy!

    I went meat-free Monday. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did not eat meat yesterday (Monday), but that's not entirely unusual.

    Of course, I might be convinced to replace meat with cocktails.

    ReplyDelete