Wednesday, August 15, 2007

First Trimester

La-la-la. Y and I have made it through the tricky First Trimester of our Relationship Baby. Today is the three-month anniversary of our first date. I doubt we will be doing anything special because a) he's still all stressed out and working like a crazyman on his research, and 2) I have plans to attend a Kneighborly Knitting party at DUN's apartment.

However, that doesn't mean you shouldn't send cards and gifts (preferably CASH) my way ... er ... I mean, our way. Who am I kidding? I mean my way.

Last night, I went over to his place. He hadn't eaten dinner, so I whipped together a little pasta dish for him: penne pasta, crushed tomatoes with garlic, basil, oregano, capers and feta. Considering he didn't have hardly any food in his house, I think I did a pretty good job. I told him he should have let me know he didn't have any food, and I could have picked some stuff up from the store.

We ate. He clickyclickclacketyclicked away on the computer. I knitted. I went to bed. It was almost like being at home. Except I didn't sleep as well. There was no secks. I wonder if that's a byproduct of his being all stressed about school? It's one of the direct causes of my uber-crankiness, for sure.

As a side note, my parents' 40-somethingth Wedding Anniversary was yesterday. I can't remember the exact number, but it's somewhere around 44? Maybe 46? I need to find out, because I'm fairly certain if they make it to 50, they will be expecting some sort of celebratory experience. Hell, after putting up with each other for 50 years, they friggin' deserve it.

4 comments:

  1. Putting up with anybody deserves a 50 year celebration.

    That's great about the three month mark! Sex should relieve Y's stress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for three months! My seven month is coming up...weird.

    Oh, and make me pasta some day? *drool!*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy upcoming 50th to the progenitors of Vuboq!

    Hell, after 50 years of ANYTHING a person deserves a party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats at getting past the 3 month mark. i agree with mush...they needs a partay of epic proportions.

    ReplyDelete