Thursday, August 30, 2007

From the Garden of Good and Evil

Happy Thursday morning, kittens!

It's a beautiful day. And guess what? I can practically guarantee that my 1000th post (one-forkin'-thousand, can you believe it?) will be up today! Can you stand the excitement? Remember the first person to leave a comment on that post wins the beautiful fan pictured in my new profile pic! So stay tuned.

Meanwhile, I had a true cooking adventure last night. My Thai Dragon chili peppers are ripening. Here's what the little bushes look like:My camera doesn't take good closeup shots. Sorry.

And here was the result of my harvest:
Cute, no? While on the phone with my college friend, Isa, I tasted one to make sure they weren't yucky. And *whooooo-wheeeeeeeeeee* was that bad boy five-alarm spicy or what? Tiny, but strong!

I decided to make Pesky Mac's cucumber feta salsa with a few variations:

1 cucumber, peeled, deseeded and diced
1/2 red onion, diced
approximately 4 oz. feta, cubed
juice from 1/2 lemon
and the five remaining chilies, chopped fine
Pepper, to taste

Combine and mix in bowl. Eat with corn chips (and, in my case, yummy Whole Foods Olive Bread and cous cous).

OMG! It was so very YUM! Mmmm....

Other than that, I chatted online with some pals, talked to Y for awhile, did laundry, and watched DVDs. Fun. Times.

Oh, and as an added bonus, here's a picture of my Peach-Infused Vodka, Day 2:

More later. *smooches*
PS. This is NOT my 1000th post.

4 comments:

  1. I wonder if you have considered a pepper infused vodka. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. gayprof: I have considered it, but I'm not sure if I'd like it. Maybe it would be good for bloody marys though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your chiles are adorable and that vodka is gonna be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why does VUBOQ always have tasty-sounding Vodka brewing in his fridge-parts?

    Unfair..

    ReplyDelete