Monday, August 13, 2007

Weekend Update: Stress, the Ultimate Buzz Kill Edition

Not much to add to my "blogging as life happened this weekend" posts. We did not have as much of teh secks as I would have liked ... but Y is under a lot of stress right now. And that is making him ... hm ... how to put this nicely ... a little cranky.

After leaving the coffeehouse yesterday, we drove over to my place. We had gazpacho* as a delicious first course. Then, I sauteed some baby yellow squash with onion, garlic, and overly toasted (burnt. oops) pine nuts. And tossed it with rotini pasta and feta cheese. It was yummy ... if a bit bland. I added basil (dried), which didn't impart much flavor. Then, I splashed it with a little red wine vinegar, which helped some. Y said it was good.

I went to bed around 10:30. I'm not sure what time Y joined me. And that was my evening.

No real plans for today. I'm considering frogging the scarf and starting over, making it a little narrower, using larger needles ... and perhaps attempting to knit a cable down the length of it ... with, perhaps a seed-stitched border. [linky goodness provided for non-knitters]

*Since so many people** asked, here's how I made the gazpacho:

Ingredients: 3 tomatoes, 1 cucumber (peeled and deseeded), 1/2 onion, 2 cloves garlic, 1 jalapeno, 1/2 green pepper, 1 cup(ish) tomato juice [or V-8 like juice], olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper.

Instructions: Coarsely chop all vegetables. Place approximately 2/3 into a blender. Add liquids. BLEND until smooth. Dice the remaining 1/3 of the vegetables. Add to the puree. Stir. Add salt and pepper (and a little hot sauce, if you want). Chill. Serve. Mmmmm.

**and by "so many people" I mean "no one."

5 comments:

  1. Silly rabbit, you just didn't give us the chance to ask. I loveth gazpacho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought a blender coz there are so many things I want to make that need one. But then I could think of none. It's sat sadly neglected in corner of room for a week. Now it can come out and play! Cheers Mr V.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't cook.

    Facebook friend request sent as ordered. Of course, I never really use that site...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i luv gazpacho. i may cook it tonight...or you can just deliver it to upstairs:-p

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just can't get around the cold soup thing. I've had it twice and both times kept thinking it should be heated up.

    Have I read both your short stories? I know I've read the first one but I'm not sure about the second. Anyway, viewer invitation please.

    ReplyDelete