Friday, August 03, 2007

Rode Hard. Put Up Wet.

That would be how I'm feeling today ... so. very. tired.

After work yesterday, I met Kristen and Carolyn, and Kristen's friend/co-worker, Mei, at the Hotel Washingon. The Terrace offers a lovely view of the White House ... upclose, but not upclose to throw things at it. Unfortunately, the restaurant/bar is *veddy* expensive ... and not very good. Paying for the view, not the food/drinks, I suppose.

I had two drinks and a greek salad. Around 8ish, the ladies went for dinner at a steakhouse and I headed to College Park for an late evening tryst.

Y picked me up at the metro station. We talked for a bit. Suddenly, it was 10:30 and I went to bed. Y studied and said, "I'll probably be coming to bed soon."

It wasn't. He did wake me up at some point [possibly around midnight?] for some really hot buttsecks. *rowr*

I got up at 6 and left. I had to go home, feed and water the kitty, feed and water the not-yet-dead chili pepper plants, check my mail (and my vacationing in Hawaii and at the beach neighbors' mail), shower, dress, change the kitty litter, and head to work.

Somehow, I made it to work with 10 minutes to spare. Yay.

This evening, I'll be heading into the District to meet my friend, Min, who is in town visiting his parents. I don't have any other weekend plans ... yet. Sunday brunch somewhere might be nice. As would going to see Hairspray. I need to do some cleaning as well. And grocery shopping.

Busy. Busy. Busy.

Oh, and did I mention that I bought nearly $60 worth of yarn yesterday? From Knitpicks. I'm making an afghan for my friend, Isa. And I should have enough other yarn to make Christmas presenty hats/scarves for Lori and Y. I don't think I'll be knitting for the immediate family this year.

3 comments:

  1. See? This is where we are different. Once I am asleep, there is no waking me up -- Not even for sex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gayprof: in the interest of full disclosure, I wasn't entirely awake at first ... there came a moment though when it was, like, "OH! I'm awake!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. That not-entirely-awake secks is cute in the springtime of a love, but irritating as hell in the fall and winter of a love. Like, "Touch me without express permission again and I will install a freakin' mousetrap, dude."

    Ahem.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete