Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Hot Damn

Morning, kittens!

Last night after posing for some lovely pictures with my (and soon to be your?) fan, I ate frozen pizza, knitted on the Afghan, and watched The Constant Gardener.

Fun. Times.

On a sad note, I did not win the $250 million MegaMillions Lottery. Luckily, no one else did either. The jackpot is now $325 million. Almost enough to achieve my dreams. The drawing is Saturday.

After work today, I will be cleaning (!), doing laundry, and various and sundry other chores. *woot*

My chili peppers are ripening, and I'm trying to decide what to do with them. They look small. I thought they were supposed to be 2-3 inches long, but mine are only about 1 inch long. I wonder if this means they will be hotter? Or maybe just yucky?

Here's a recipe I found:
Homemade Tabasco Style Sauce

Because the chiles are not aged in oak barrels for three years, this will be only a rough approximation of the famous McIlhenny product. You will have to grow your own tabascos or substitute dried ones that have been rehydrated. Other small, hot, fresh red chiles can also be substituted for the tabascos.

1 pound fresh red tabasco chiles, chopped
2 cups
distilled white vinegar
2 teaspoons salt


Combine the chiles and the vinegar in a saucepan and heat. Stir in the salt and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, cool, and place in a blender. Puree until smooth and place in a glass jar. Allow to steep for 2 weeks in the refrigerator.

Remove, strain the sauce, and adjust the consistency by adding more vinegar if necessary.

Yield: 2 cups
Heat Scale: Hot
Note: This recipe
requires advance preparation.


I'm thinking I may just chop up one with some feta and cucumber to make a little salad tonight. That might be yum.

My long-lost co-worker has returned (*woot*). I'll now have some time at work to run errands. YAY!

PS. This is not my 1000th post.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, VUBOQ, don't be such a size queen. It's not the size of the chili pepper that matters, but the salsa you make from it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't win either *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've posted a THOUSAND(almost) times?

    That's intense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. steph: I know! Nothing to do at work all day = lots of time to post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, and gayprof: I think I'm going to use some of my chilies to make cucumber feta salsa tonight. YUM

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was going to make the exact same comment Gayprof did! I'll have to settle for saying that recipe looks hotly delicious.

    If I win the fan, I promise it will be the centerpiece of my fledgling vuboq shrine!

    ReplyDelete