Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Saying Goodbye

Quoth Dolly Levi, "Goodbye, Goodbye, Goodbye.Goodbye, Goodbye, Goodbye."*

The ribbed, striped scarf is no more. I frogged that bad boy last night. And it felt guuuuuuuuud. It's not that there was anything particularly wrong with the scarf, yet it just didn't feel right.

Scarf


I had actually knitted about 10 or so more inches. After ripping it out, I cast on thirty stitches of the dune twist yarn onto #9 needles. The plan was to knit a scarf with a 5 stitch seed-stitch border on each side and a 10 stitch wide cable running up the center. After about 20 rows, I went to bed.

This morning, I ripped all of that out, because I didn't give the bottom of the scarf a seed-stitched border. Oops.

I'm also thinking of ripping out the afghan that I started. I keep making mistakes because the "yarn" is so thin and the stitch is so loose [It's on #19 needles]. I'm not sure I have it in me to cast on those 145 stitches again. I guess I will though.

And, THAT, my friends, was my exciting evening.

In other news, my pants arrived! YAY! At 6:15 (*urgh*). They are cute. Life is good. Yay!

Hoping to see Y tonight, but I'm not sure. More later, kittens. *smooch*

*So Long, Dearie, Hello, Dolly

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to wear my J-crew pants today(which incidently I also bought for $20) to celeberate the arrival of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to wear pants to celebrate you two are. My work colleagues will be so pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i saw your chilli peppers! woo hoo! are they supposed to turn into red when they become ripe?

    ReplyDelete