Saying Goodbye
Quoth Dolly Levi, "Goodbye, Goodbye, Goodbye.Goodbye, Goodbye, Goodbye."*
The ribbed, striped scarf is no more. I frogged that bad boy last night. And it felt guuuuuuuuud. It's not that there was anything particularly wrong with the scarf, yet it just didn't feel right.

I had actually knitted about 10 or so more inches. After ripping it out, I cast on thirty stitches of the dune twist yarn onto #9 needles. The plan was to knit a scarf with a 5 stitch seed-stitch border on each side and a 10 stitch wide cable running up the center. After about 20 rows, I went to bed.
This morning, I ripped all of that out, because I didn't give the bottom of the scarf a seed-stitched border. Oops.
I'm also thinking of ripping out the afghan that I started. I keep making mistakes because the "yarn" is so thin and the stitch is so loose [It's on #19 needles]. I'm not sure I have it in me to cast on those 145 stitches again. I guess I will though.
And, THAT, my friends, was my exciting evening.
In other news, my pants arrived! YAY! At 6:15 (*urgh*). They are cute. Life is good. Yay!
Hoping to see Y tonight, but I'm not sure. More later, kittens. *smooch*
*So Long, Dearie, Hello, Dolly
The ribbed, striped scarf is no more. I frogged that bad boy last night. And it felt guuuuuuuuud. It's not that there was anything particularly wrong with the scarf, yet it just didn't feel right.

I had actually knitted about 10 or so more inches. After ripping it out, I cast on thirty stitches of the dune twist yarn onto #9 needles. The plan was to knit a scarf with a 5 stitch seed-stitch border on each side and a 10 stitch wide cable running up the center. After about 20 rows, I went to bed.
This morning, I ripped all of that out, because I didn't give the bottom of the scarf a seed-stitched border. Oops.
I'm also thinking of ripping out the afghan that I started. I keep making mistakes because the "yarn" is so thin and the stitch is so loose [It's on #19 needles]. I'm not sure I have it in me to cast on those 145 stitches again. I guess I will though.
And, THAT, my friends, was my exciting evening.
In other news, my pants arrived! YAY! At 6:15 (*urgh*). They are cute. Life is good. Yay!
Hoping to see Y tonight, but I'm not sure. More later, kittens. *smooch*
*So Long, Dearie, Hello, Dolly
I'm going to wear my J-crew pants today(which incidently I also bought for $20) to celeberate the arrival of yours!
ReplyDeleteI'm going to wear pants to celebrate you two are. My work colleagues will be so pleased.
ReplyDeletei saw your chilli peppers! woo hoo! are they supposed to turn into red when they become ripe?
ReplyDelete