Tuesday, August 07, 2007

It's Not the Heat; It's the Humidity

Bloggin' 'bout da weather! Bloggin' 'bout da weather!

I took the bus to work today for several reasons ... 1) I was running a little late; 2) a #12, which stops right by my office was coming; and 3) it's freakin' hot and had I walked I would have completely evaporated before I even got halfway here.

I am so happy that Ride-On buses now accept the SmarTrip card. No more fishing for change, like the unfortunate young man in front of me, who forced the entire line to wait for HOURS while he dug around for another coupla dimes.

So ... I got home from work yesterday, and guess what greeted me? A big ol' bag of squash from DUN's gard3n!!! I was so excited I immediately called Y and invited him over for dinner tonight. Now I have to decide how to prepare it. If anyone has any fun squash recipes (that don't involve baking), let me know! I'm a man on a mission.

And, to update you on Infused Vodka #2, Coffee/Cinnamon Edition, here's DAY 2:


More later, natch. *smooches*

5 comments:

  1. It was hot and humid here too yesterday. But the perfect treat was a mango martini last night.. yummmm.

    sorry no squash recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh -- I didn't think the unground beans would change the color of the vodka.

    ReplyDelete
  3. bala wala shi: Mango martini? Are you going to share the recipe?

    gayprof: I KNOW! It's so totally neat-o!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sauteed squash, onions, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil. Salt pepper. Parmesan cheese. OK, who's hungry?

    Also? Vodka infused with coffee/cinnamon? Bossy asks you: Who drinks better than Her Gays?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know what the recipe is. I had it at this bollywood party. But I will ask and let you know. It's the first martini that I really enjoyed drinking.

    ReplyDelete