Wednesday, August 08, 2007

On a Night of a Thousand Stars

I couldn't fall asleep because it was so. friggin'. hot in my apartment ... even with the a/c AND a fan on. *urgh* I think the place cooled off sufficiently around 2AM. VUBOQ is not a happy camper this morning. Tired und crankified.

So, lessee ... last night, Tomokito came down to get her mail and plant. She brought me some lovely 100% kona coffee from Hawaii. Visit her blog for a few photos of her vayKay.

Y came over around 9. I made Summer Vegetable Stew for dinner. It was delicious. Mmmm. The changes I made to the recipe were minor (I used thyme, instead of oregano, and I didn't top with basil. I topped it with fulvi romano). Oh, and I also replaced one zucchini with some of the UFO squash from DUN. I served it with Whole Foods Kalamata Olive Bread and slices of feta. Yum. Yum. Yum.

After dinner, we ... erm ... "had dessert."

Then, I went to bed and he stayed up to study. He's getting stressed out about school - his research isn't happening like he'd like, he's worried about funding, etc. etc. etc. If anyone has suggestions, I'd appreciate them.

Oh, and we had a good talk about the small appliance moving from the other day. I explained some things about me and how I felt. And he did too. There was comfortable resolution.

More later. *smooches*

6 comments:

  1. Dinner sounds like a great success. Great news about the talk with Y! It's always nice to be in a civilized relationship-- and those are very rare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your cousin11:24 AM

    Good news on the successful talk with Y. Sounds better than any news from me re: the pantry clean out of "stuff we never use." I am currently enjoying pointing out, when appropriate, that we are now purchasing something he threw out, for a recipe he wants to make. He pretends he is momentarily deaf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you and Y weathered your first disagreement/misunderstanding.

    What is Y studying in school?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Comfortable resolutions between luvahs are HOT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. gayprof: He's working on his phd in linguistics/computer stuff. He's attempting to come up with a translation tool which is "slightly less pathetic" than ones we use now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh, computer translation - that's seriously tricky stuff. How about he set's up a website that diverts the requests to a team of quick typing, well educated, low paid employees in a third world country? I think that's most economical at the moment. And it helps grow third world economies.

    ReplyDelete