Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Fairy Circles

Fairy circle

I passed this on my way to the metro station this morning. The fairies must have been out dancing under the full moon, because I didn't notice it on my way to Y's yesterday. It reminded me of my childhood and the stories we create ...

Read about Fairy Rings on wikipedia.

A mushroom walked into a bar.
"Get out of here," said the bartender. "We don't serve your kind."
"Aw. C'mon," said the mushroom. "I'm a fungi."

Get it? Get it?

UPDATE: I had this totally weird dream last night that I wanted to blog about, but forgot. And, now, I don't want to do a separate entry. So, here are parts of the dream that I remember:

Part 1: Nida, her Husband, Sarah (who I've met maybe 3 times through DUN), one of my friends from high school (Cherri) and I are helping Mike kayak down a river. We are all wearing rollerblades in the water, skating to various points in the river to guide Mike.

Part 2: I am making out with the Cheating Cheater.

In between parts 1 and 2 was something I don't remember about a store. I think that was where I met the Cheating Cheater.

5 comments:

  1. I laughed.

    .....


    I'm a dork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here comes my attempt at dream interpretation:

    skating through a river is a good dream.. we are "skating" through emotional stuff (i hope) and not struggling with it.

    all my girl friends and i had dreams about ex boyfriends just before getting married or committing seriously to someone. you were probably just saying "goodbye" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, so a horse walks into a bar and the bartender says, "Why the long face?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. You lucky. I want to see a fairy ring. < /pout>

    OMG!!!! Stop everything. Did you check this photo? That's the Yakima River! Where we visited on Sunday!

    Spooooooky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay. So maybe it's not the Yakima River, since it's titled something about John Day River. But still. Spooooooky.

    (Insert your own spooky connection here, cause I got nothing now.)

    ReplyDelete