Sunday, August 05, 2007

Busy Bee Sunday Morning

Behold! Infused vodka #2! 3 tbsp coffee beans, 1 stick cinnamon, 1.5 tbsp sugar and 750 mL vodka. Now, the hardest part ... the waiting.


It's 11AM and I've already cleaned the kitchen, taken out the trash, cleaned the cat box, and walked to the Giant.


*woot*


I plan to do NOTHING for the rest of the day.


Ha. I kid. I will probably continue to work on cleaning and organizing the bedroom. FUN times, kittens.


As a fun little side note, if you remember a week or so ago, I blogged about taking a pottery class at UMD. As you know, I took pottery all three years I lived in Japan ... I never used the wheel there though. Then, when I came back to the states, I signed up for another pottery class to learn the wheel. I had to drop out of that class after about 5 weeks because I got the job in China. Anyway, here's a photo of one of my objects from that class. It's the first vase I've ever thrown. It was made in two parts and then smushed together. I'm sure there's a technical term for that. I can't remember it though.


6 comments:

  1. If you are looking for things to do, I have lots of boxes waiting to be unpacked.

    I like the paint sample from the previous post. It looks warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear how the vodka turns out. Sounds super-yummy.

    Nice vase (or vozz, whichever). Wish I could see it embiggened so that I could admire the detail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I love the wheel! I've made tons of stuff, some of it [mostly] centered! So much more fun than making ashtrays and whatnot...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two of my favourite things ... vodka and coffee. What could be better than an infusion of both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think some of the smush has oozed out and run down the pot....

    ReplyDelete