Friday, August 31, 2007

Is This a Long Weekend I See Before Me?

Happy Friday, kittenes!

Last night, I went over to Y's to cook dinner. I made Pasta with Roasted Provencal Vegetable Sauce from epicurious. I followed the recipe as best I could. I only made a few minor changes. I was able to use some fresh herbs from our little garden plot in front of my building.

Having not used a stove in quite some time, I got a little careless and had to be rushed to the burn unit (aka. the kitchen sink). *sigh* The things I do for the mens I likes.

I forgot to take a photo of the final result. It looked pretty. The taste? It was kinda *meh*. I mean, it wasn't bad, but, after doing all that work roasting those stupid vegetables, I was hoping for something with more impact. Oh, well. Live. Learn.

I kept having nightmares and waking up last night, so I'm a little cranky and disorientated this morning. Sorry.

As for my weekend plans ... I am planning an Afternoon Margarita event as well as hosting Tom Collins and Friends on Monday. What better way to celebrate the Official End of Summer than with VUBOQ's Official Beverage of Summer 2007?

I also hope to plant some chrysanthemums, clean my house, and get my spare bedroom ready to be painted!

If I can accomplish all of that (hell, probably even if I can't accomplish all of that), I will treat myself to these:

New Shoes! Boots for Fall! Gah! I can't stand it!

4 comments:

  1. Oooh, new shoes! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I covet those shoes! Happy vuboq end-of-summer beverage ritual. Enjoy your 3 day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are keeping ice on that thumb :)

    Interesting shoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shoes! I've been wanting to get boots like those. Very tempting...

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete