Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Like, Dude, Busy.

Good morning, kittens.

It's been a bit busy at work this morning. I forgot my annual performance evaluation and updated resume were due today, so I had to crank those out*. Bleah.

I have a buttload of email to answer today too. *ugh*

Lessee ... Meat-Free Monday was a success (yay!). Photo will be uploaded and posted tonight. Stay tuned.

And, here's a little reminder that small-minded bigots are still alive and well (unfortunately). It seems like we touched a nerve:

[from The Daily Star (second item)]

Homosexuals at greater risk

Thanks, The Daily Star, for publishing my letter of Feb. 1 opposing homosexual behavior. Some opposed publishing my letter. They don't realize most Americans, including the local population, are against homosexuality. But perhaps only my detractors' letters should be published. Glad they aren't the editors. They want me to listen. And I do. But when I speak, many head for the door, afraid they will hear a discordant tone. Those left tell me to shut up. I refuse.

One said I "... ha(ve) no idea that we are living in the 21st century and that many, if not most, homosexual men are in ...monogamous relationships." I can picture him in 208 Rome remarking, "Don't they know this is the third century?" as he passes Christians protesting the same immorality. Many male homosexual relationships are like an extreme open marriage, encouraging extra-partner relationships.

Another hypocritically accused me of "cherry picking" because I didn't mention more heterosexuals die of AIDS than homosexuals: 9,000 vs. 8,000. He also cited Jesus: "Let the one without sin cast the first stone." First, he failed to say the U.S. Census has homosexuals at 2 percent of the population. The proportion of their AIDS deaths is astronomically greater than heteros. Further, he threw stones at me! He also cherry-picked his Bible quote. Jesus confronted suffering and evil. After his resurrection. he told his disciples to encourage repentance ... and forgiveness. Incidentally, I'm not better than anyone. I seek God's forgiveness daily.
The CDC reported 450,000 male homosexual carriers. AIDS experts, however, agree it is under-reported by at least 35 percent. So, 607,000 are infected. The Census reports 2.1 million male homosexuals _ 29 percent then are infected.


We discourage loved ones from other behaviors with a much lower risk. So, why not this behavior?

Jerry Kabat
Oneonta


To refresh your memories, here is the post with the original letter and my response.

My guess? Closet case (who doesn't get laid irony).

More later. *smooches*

*And, by "crank those out" I mean "change the dates on last year's performance evaluation and resume."

6 comments:

  1. Hope you have a great day. Sorry some people are dumbasses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A buttload of email sounds painful. You didn't get your Dream Job? Boo hiss. Their loss. Bossy is happy to be back reading VUBOQ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most Americans think Mr. Jerry Kabat is an asshat too, but I don't see him writing about it. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I can say to Jerry is, "Don't knock it till you try it, honey."

    ReplyDelete
  5. anne marie in philly12:51 PM

    interesting that they want you to have a performance eval and resume AND THEN LAY YOU OFF.

    no f-ing sense in that, is there?

    jerry is an assweasel (pass it on)!

    PS - my word is "suknlvm" (suck n luv em) - yee-haw!

    ReplyDelete
  6. DO "most Americans" oppose homosexuality? What does it mean to oppose it, hmm? Which does it mean:

    1. I don't want to do it, but you can.
    2. I don't want to do it, and I'd prefer it if you didn't either or at least were all secret about it.
    3. I don't want to do it, and you can't either.
    4. I kill fags.

    Also, promiscuity is as huge a freakin' deal among straights as it is among teh gayz. I mean, sure, there's clearly a mathematical difference between having 50 sex partners in a a 5-year period and having, say, five thousand. But sluts is still sluts, and I know maybe twelve straight people who ain't sluts.

    The point of all of that is this: my gay friends use far more condoms than my straight friends do. I have a close friend who is currently sleeping with 3 men at once, and she doesn't even *own* any rubbers.

    Point being, if "Many male homosexual relationships are like an extreme open marriage, encouraging extra-partner relationships" then so are many het 'relationships.'

    ReplyDelete