Tuesday, April 01, 2008

April is the Cruelest Month

I was drinking expensive vodka up until the very last minute last night. And, now, no more booze until May. Thanks to all of you who have agreed to be Alcohol-free in April with me. We can do it!

Also, don't forget you only have two more weeks to sign up for the 10% Refund Challenge or the Poor Bastages Who Owe the Taxman Pity Party! Enter now for the chance to win fabulous (TBD) prizes! Drawings to be held on April 15th.

Finally, on a sadder note, after much thought and serious contemplation, I have decided I will be giving up blogging after the 10% Refund Challenge is over. I have enjoyed getting to know all of you, but the mental toll this daily exercise takes is just too much.

"I want to see mountains again, mountains Gandalf! And then find somewhere quiet where I can finish my book."

9 comments:

  1. no you can't stop blogging :( do you realize the amount of pleasure and happiness that you are depriving all of us (your fans) from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:36 PM

    hehe. It's April Fools, Bala Wala Shi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather Outside Boston3:33 PM

    This is no April Fool's: I owe the tax man big time -- $12,000 big, and I have $72 in the bank -- (from a stupid mistake and lost paperwork in 2006). :-(

    I'm glad your news is day-appropriate (I was frightened for a moment).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, you totally got me.

    PS: I'm giving up alcohol in April with you, and that's not a joke (well not a funny joke anyway) Can we celebrate in May at Nellys? xoxo, SG

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay. you got me. i was a fool on the day of fools.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, I had a sick feeling in my stomach until I remembered the date. My world would be pale and colorless and blah without my dose of VUBOQ.

    ReplyDelete
  7. VUBOQ, please! I'm an old lady with a weak heart. But now my heart feels better since I remembered what day it is. You had me there for a second.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HA! I knew VUBOQ couldn't stay away from blogging. It was a cute ploy, though, VUBOQ. Well written bull$!# for sure. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I fell for it ... :)

    ReplyDelete