Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Final Countdown

Good morning and good news, kittens!

It's the last day of Alcohol-Free April! YAY! AND, we made it with only one teensy little slip ... if only Steve had become a US Citizen in May. Bastard. It's all his fault. I hope the rest of you had a wonderful, wonderful month of no booze as well :-)

On the bright side of being booze-free, I will be finishing April about $200 under budget. SUH-weet! I can't remember the last time that happened. I figure I saved so much money because (a) I wasn't drinking (and booze costs a lot) and (b) usually when we go out to happy hour, we end up eating dinner out as well. Dinners out can be 'spensive. So, YAY for me! YAY for being booze-free for (nearly) a month! and SUPERYAY for being under friggin' budget for the first time in (nearly) forever!

*pats self on back*

The beginning of Return to Booze Month looks like this:
May 1 - Casual Martini Gathering at My Abode (tentative)
May 2 - Happy Hour in DC (possibly Nellie's? ShallowGal, you free?)
May 3 - Saturday Afternoon Margaritas: Baltimore Edition III (SAM:BEIII)

*oog*

I think I may need another week off after all that ...

In other news, I have two Prize Packages ready to mail this morning [Mel and Angie, be on the look out]. I'll be mailing the rest tomorrow. I ran out of boxes and packing tape last night. BAH! Just as well, I can only carry two boxes at a time to the post office anyway.

I think I'm going to give my Mom the Squaretop Vase for Mother's Day (Can you believe it's almost Mother's Day already?). What do you think?

Thanks to everyone who responded to the poll yesterday! First, I'd like to mention that I think GayProf must be my long-lost, much smarter and handsomer, younger, Latino brother based solely on his poll answers/comments.

I went to Borders with the idea of purchasing Steel Magnolias with my $10 gift card. However, I ended up purchasing Steel Magnolias AND Sense & Sensibility AND Edward Scissorhands for about $15. BARGAIN! So happy!

DUN, Y, and I watched Steel Magnolias last night. Teh fun!

More later. *smooches*

3 comments:

  1. I'm free every night, it's in the Constitution. But let me check the sitter's schedule, and of course, see if Fred and I are done invading Canada. xoxo, SG

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love ya' more than my luggage.

    After you watch it again, we can talk about what an asshole Jackson is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could come to Casual Martini Gathering at My Abode (tentative).

    *sigh*

    ReplyDelete