Monday, April 14, 2008

Weekend Update: Whole Lotta Nothing Edition

Good morning, Kittens! I hope everyone is well-rested and ready to take on a brand new week. *w00t*

Here's the rundown of my exciting weekend ...

Friday: Y had dinner/movie plans with a friend, and I had been wanting a quiet evening at home ... so that worked out perfectly. I knitted, watched movies, and, then, DUN, who had friends visiting, invited me up for dessert. Ice cream with rhubarb and blueberry sauce. Yum.

Saturday: I took the headshots for the new Weekend Serial: The Birth of VUBOQ as Re-Enacted by Gay Bears (and a virus or two). Stay tuned for next week's installment, The Dinner. I can tell you are as excited as I am about this.

Then, I worked in the yard for a bit. All I did was break up the soil in the Chili Pepper Graveyard and scatter a whole bunch of wildflower seeds. Hopefully, they will sprout. And the Chili Pepper Graveyard will become a Wildflower Wonderland.

After lunch, I headed over to Y's to bake cookies for sex to bake cookies. I made snickerdoodles, using the recipe in The Joy of Cooking (75th Anniverary Edition). As I was making them, I noticed that the dough seemed a bit ... gooier than I thought it should be. Nevertheless, I plowed ahead.

The cookies, though delicious, were ... um ... flat. And crispy. I wanted thicker, chewier cookies. So, I called Mom to see if her recipe was any different. She checked in her copy of The Joy of Cooking (1970s edition), and guess what?

No snickerdoodles recipe.

So, she had to dig through all her other boxes of recipes until she found it. Turns out the two recipes were exactly the same except her recipe used 3/4 cups more flour. I suppose that explains it. I made a notation in my book.

After eating cookies (and more sex), Y and I met Tomokito and her husband at a Japanese restaurant near Y's house. It was good (enough). Then, we came back to Y's for cookies, booze, and Dance Dance Revolution! *w00t*

Sunday: I went to the pottery studio. I glazed three items (a vase, a cup, and a handleless pitcher). I trimmed a vase. And, I threw two pots that may become mugs. Then, I headed back to Y's for cookies (and more sex).

That evening, we had dinner at El Golfo (spinach! enchiladas!). Then, Y went to Across the Way Neighbor's apartment to watch Desperate Housewives, while I tidied up my house a bit [and had cookies (and no sex) with SCGB].

Today, I'm leaving work a bit early to hand deliver some documents for work. I should have time to stop by the Barnes and Noble to make use of a couple birthday gift cards. I want to buy Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything Vegetarian. Then, I'll head over to my last (*sniff*) pottery class. Actually, we'll have open studio for several more weeks, but this will be the last class with the instructor.

Have a great Monday! More later. *smooches*

5 comments:

  1. You had more sex in that weekend than I've had in the last 5 months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i swear the moon must have been doing something strange because it seems like everyone was having lots of sex over the weekend!

    yay for lots of sex!! :-D

    oh, and go over to my bloggy for a cupcake recipe that will ensure you lots and lots of sex. LOTS of sex...unless you feed them to bossy, then you get no sex, but you will get a kiss on the cheek :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...did I read "...cookies, booze, and...."

    booze?

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the words of the immortal Cookie Monster: "Coooo Keeeees!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am excited about the weekend serial: The Birth of VUBOQ. It gives my weekends meaning, or something.

    Hey, did you get this much sex when you were doing booze? Maybe less booze = more sex. Don't know about you, but that's a compromise I can live with.

    I am, btw, joining you in your alcohol free April, just so you know.

    ReplyDelete