Monday, April 07, 2008

Accentuate the Positive

Rather than dwell on my crankiness (I don't think I'll be feeling full strength until I hear from the recruiter, and, then, I'll either be ecstatic or doubly down dooby dooby down wah wah wah waaaaaaaaaaaah), here are the good things that happened this weekend:

1. I made green tea, using my hagiyaki, which, if you don't know, is one of the best pottery styles in Japan ... and my favorite. I own lots and lots of hagiyaki, including a v. expensive tea ceremony bowl. Love my hagiyaki :-)

2. I seamed one sleeve on the Never-Ending Cardigan of Doom.

3. I cast on and knit one band of the Prisoner of Azkaban Harry Potter Scarf, which I promised a friend last year.

4. I weeded and tidied the garden area (with some neighborly help) in front of our building.

5. I planted the chocolate mint in the planter on our porch.

6. I planted the marigold and thai basil seeds in some small containers. If they sprout, I will transplant them into the garden

7. I transplanted the serrano chili and thai chili plants. They got kinda beat down by the rain yesterday, but I think they'll be OK.

8. Dinner at Udupi with Y. Plus, he gave me my birthday present: New Slippers! YAY!

9. Watching Sweeney Todd on DVD. It didn't seem as gory on the small screen. Y felt a little queasy though.

10. teh buttsecks.

And, here's a photo of #1 and #3. Enjoy:

More later. *smooches*

7 comments:

  1. didn't you forget something else???

    ReplyDelete
  2. No pics of 2 & 4-10?

    ReplyDelete
  3. tomokito: No. I don't think so ...

    hehe. #11. Delicious dinner and DVDs at Casa de Tomokito.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you got the gardening done. I know you wanted to do it Saturday. And I hope you hear some really really really good news from the recruiter today. Early today. As early as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love tea that requires special pottery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crossing fingers for you today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How about photos of #10.

    You can just email them to me if you are all "my privacy" and stuff.

    ReplyDelete