Tuesday, April 15, 2008

*yawn*

Good morning, kittens.

Yesterday was fun. I jetted out of work at 2:30 to deliver some documents to DC. Then, I walked to Barnes and Noble to make use of some birthday gift cards. I bought this:

Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything Vegetarian!

I'm so excited. I've been wanting this book for AGES. Now, I haz it! Huzzah! I am planning to snuggle up on my sofa this evening with a cup of tea, my kitty, and this book. *woo hoobity hoo*

Later, I went to my last [instructor-led] pottery class. We still have a few more sessions to use up clay and finish works-in-progress. I glazed three more things [a vase and two mugs], using a *new* color scheme. I know! You thought I could only glaze things in blue and white. This time I used green and a new brown glaze. We'll see how they turn out. I also threw two more mugs.

AND, my faux corningware casserole dish is finished:
Tell me it's gorgeous [There are two more photos of it on flickr].

OH, one more thing ... for those of you who were paying attention. Over the weekend, Tomokito, Y, Emiliano, and I did have cookies, booze, and DDR . However, while Emiliano had beer, and Tomokito and Y had gin and tonics (gins and tonic?), I had tonic. With lime. Delicious. I have been Alcohol-free for 15 days. Practically an eternity.

Don't forget: 10% Refund Challenge and Poor Bastages Who Owe the Tax Man Pity Party drawings are TONIGHT!!!

More later. *smooches*

7 comments:

  1. I am jealous of your corningware-like casserole dish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That casserole dish is way more beautiful than anything corningware. You need your own line of vuboqware.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I covet your dish. And your 15 days of alcohol-free-ness. xoxo, SG

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather Outside Boston2:54 PM

    Yes, that casserole dish is gorgeousness indeed. :-) I'll get in line to buy VUBOQware.

    And I'm still sending "hire VUBOQ" thoughts into the universe for you. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a truly stunning corningware-like dish. Much better than the old cornflower design Corningware had.

    Congratulations on 15 alcohol free days. I'm right there with ya'. Unfortunately I still have the headaches, even without the overhangs. That's a bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that really does look nice. Well done!

    ReplyDelete