Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Stimulate Me!

First, I need to complain a bit about terminology. When did paper copy and electronic copy become hard copy and soft copy? And which one is which?

Paper is hard.
Electronics are hard.
Which one is soft?

And, why even change something that was perfectly ok? Have TPTB never heard "if it ain't broke, don't fix it?" Does not typing those extra 7 letters save time/money or something? BLEAH. It make-a no sense.

*whew*

I feel better.

Now, if you're interested in when you will be getting your guvmint stimulus check, take a look at these fun tables. And, here's a fun little calculator to help you determine if you will be getting a check or not: Economic Stimulus Payment Calculator.

I should be getting my check in the next couple of weeks, and I'm sure you are all wondering what I am going to do with mine ... (and, even if you're not, I'm going to tell you).

It's all going into savings! YAY!

Possibly half will go into my PaxWorld Fund ROTH IRA and the other half will take up residence in my ING Direct Account (which is currently getting crap interest [3%], but that's better than nothing. Right?).

No contest this time, but I would like to challenge all of you who get a stimulus check to stimulate yourself* first:

Put some into savings or a retirement account. You're the best investment there is!

*Pervy Monkey!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for that, I was wondering when I was going to get it!
    No savings for me, I'll spend everything on a PS3, I do that only to help the economy you know... I'm stimulating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i should be getting my check...oh that's right..i'm not getting one because my mother screwed me out of mine!

    yay me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Copies were hard or soft back in the early-mid-80s when I first heard of them. I think that paper is soft when compared to computer monitors (where electronic copies are stored, duh), so it confused me at first. But now I've got it figured out. When they say "soft copy", they mean you should turn your monitor's brightness down so that it makes a nice, soft glow and doesn't strain your eyes. Those computer people, they only have your well-being in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Soft" indicates is from software. Is from software! Which is not hard.

    I already got mah money! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. With great pessimism I accessed the Economic Stimulus Payment Calculator. But Holy Shite Burgers, if it's right, I'm getting $600. I don't have the foggiest what I'd do with that. I'll definitely tithe at least 10%, but that paltry. Goodness, I'm all aquiver now!

    ReplyDelete