Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Pottery News and the Joys of Scheduling

It would seem that the last bisque firing is going to be on April 21st. This is not good. I still have BUTTLOADS of clay left. Plus, 4 mugs which need trimming and handles. Hopefully, I can get out of work early on Friday, run to the studio (it closes at 5) to trim and pull handles. Then, maybe on Sunday the mugs will be dry enough to put in the kiln on Monday.

There will probably not be enough time to throw anything else. GAH. But, I don't want to abandon all my leftover clay, either. *sigh* Looks like I'll be signing up for a summer course ... [which, in and of itself, is not a bad thing ... unless I'm unemployed at that time. Then, it would totally suck and be money that I shouldn't have spent.]

The last glaze firing is the 28th.

My exciting plans for today after work include: vaccuuming! laundry! and sweeping! OMG! I haz all teh funz. ALL OF IT!

I'm also going to eat cheese and olives. Because if I can't have alcohol, at least I can have good cheese and olives.

3 comments:

  1. I highly recommend castelvetrano olives. They're big, bright, and have an incredible buttery flavour (so much so that you have to put that "u" in "flavour"). Srsly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheese is always a good idea. You can have my olives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you have cheese and olives, who NEEDS alcohol?

    ReplyDelete