Accentuate the Positive
Rather than dwell on my crankiness (I don't think I'll be feeling full strength until I hear from the recruiter, and, then, I'll either be ecstatic or doubly down dooby dooby down wah wah wah waaaaaaaaaaaah), here are the good things that happened this weekend:

1. I made green tea, using my hagiyaki, which, if you don't know, is one of the best pottery styles in Japan ... and my favorite. I own lots and lots of hagiyaki, including a v. expensive tea ceremony bowl. Love my hagiyaki :-)
2. I seamed one sleeve on the Never-Ending Cardigan of Doom.
3. I cast on and knit one band of the Prisoner of Azkaban Harry Potter Scarf, which I promised a friend last year.
4. I weeded and tidied the garden area (with some neighborly help) in front of our building.
5. I planted the chocolate mint in the planter on our porch.
6. I planted the marigold and thai basil seeds in some small containers. If they sprout, I will transplant them into the garden
7. I transplanted the serrano chili and thai chili plants. They got kinda beat down by the rain yesterday, but I think they'll be OK.
8. Dinner at Udupi with Y. Plus, he gave me my birthday present: New Slippers! YAY!
9. Watching Sweeney Todd on DVD. It didn't seem as gory on the small screen. Y felt a little queasy though.
10. teh buttsecks.
And, here's a photo of #1 and #3. Enjoy:

More later. *smooches*
didn't you forget something else???
ReplyDeleteNo pics of 2 & 4-10?
ReplyDeletetomokito: No. I don't think so ...
ReplyDeletehehe. #11. Delicious dinner and DVDs at Casa de Tomokito.
Glad you got the gardening done. I know you wanted to do it Saturday. And I hope you hear some really really really good news from the recruiter today. Early today. As early as possible.
ReplyDeleteI love tea that requires special pottery.
ReplyDeleteCrossing fingers for you today!
ReplyDeleteHow about photos of #10.
ReplyDeleteYou can just email them to me if you are all "my privacy" and stuff.