Thursday, August 03, 2006

PR3, Pasta, and Planes

Yesterday, Mike said I could come over and watch PR3 at his house. I told him that if I finished my laundry in time I would. The last load came out of the dryer at 8:15, so I called to tell him I could come over.

Unfortunately, his air conditioner was broken and he said it was miserable there. I opted to stay in the cool cool confines of my own home. I did invite him over, but he said that he and his roommates were going out to buy window units. Fine. I'll watch the scrumptious Gonzalo Heredia frolic naked in the shower in Ronda Nocturna (Night Watch) all by myself. In fact, I may have to watch it again tonight. All by myself.

So ... I missed PR3, but thank god for the frequently updated Bravo TV website! I can't believe I was right in guessing that Keith would be kicked off - for cheating! Wow. I'm a television genius! I have my finger on the pulse of America! Everyone should bow down and worship me. NOW! [You, the one in Des Moines, you're not bowing!].

In other exciting news, I made a really yummy pasta salad last night with grape tomatoes, black olives, broccoli, sheep's milk feta, and toasted pine nuts. The dressing was a red wine and basil vinegrette, which was a little too salty, but that's because my hand slipped when I was dumping the salt into the food processor. I think if I make it again (which I might for Tomoko and Emiliano's BBQ on Sunday), I'll use less salt and more vinegar ... and maybe a touch more basil.

I'm having it for lunch today, so there may be a picture posted later on today.

OK. I'm off to investigate airfares to NC. The brother and I can visit the folks either the weekend of 8/26-27 or 9/16-17. I need to see which is cheaper.

1 comment: