Friday, August 18, 2006

The Days, They're Getting Shorter

Maybe that's why I've been in a bit of a funky mood recently.

I noticed this morning that my room was dark(er than normal) when my alarm went off. I hit snooze repeatedly. I finally got out of bed when the room was sufficiently bright. Of course, this threw my entire "rush through the house and out the door by 7:30" schedule off a bit (since I didn't get out of bed until a few minutes after 7, as opposed to my usual 6:30ish).

Last night, I decided not to make coffee in the morning, but to treat myself to Starbucks and muffin. However, since I couldn't get out of bed, I didn't have time to make lunch (exacerbated by the last minute decisions to blow dry my hair in the back and iron a shirt). Because I am in money-saving mode, I didn't feel like buying coffee/muffin AND buying lunch would be a good thing to do.

Thus, I'm stuck drinking crappy office swill this morning. I'm blaming the Earth and its wacky revolution around the sun for this!

more later.
*smooch*

4 comments:

  1. Bloody Earth. Bloody sun. Why won't they just make up their minds and stay in one place eh?

    Actually, on second thoughts, that would be bad. As I'm in Australia I'd fall off.

    On third thoughts we'd all fall/float off. I guess we'd better let the world get on with it's moving around stuff V. But day length changing does suck.

    In the UK they've invented a term for it - SAD. Seasonal Adjustment Disorder. I loved blaming SAD for my behaviour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It could be worse. The earth could revolve around you. As much as I know you would like that! ;-*

    ReplyDelete
  3. What? Are you implying that it doesn't?

    ReplyDelete
  4. blame uranus too. its gravitational pull is intense and sucks everything into the dark nether regions of the galaxy.

    ReplyDelete