Friday, August 25, 2006

The Incredible Shrinking VUBOQ

Yesterday, I tried on some cute boots at DSW. I'm still debating if I should buy them or not. The odd thing is that size 9 was too big. 8.5 fit perfectly.

8.5! I haven't worn an 8.5 since 7th grade!

I began thinking about my clothes in general.

In high school, I wore 32 waist pants.
Now, I wear anything between 28-30 [depending on the brand/fit].

In high school, I wore large shirts and pullovers.
Now, I usually wear a small or medium. The only problem is that sometimes, with small/medium long sleeve shirts, the sleeves are too short.

What's happened? Have I shrunk?

I don't think so. I'm still 6 feet tall and (a few pounds shy of) 140 pounds.

Diablo linked to an article this morning which provides a better answer. When I was in high school, I was uncomfortable with my body. I wore clothes that were baggy, that would hide how I look.

My body hasn't changed (much), but my attitude has. I'm more comfortable with who I am and how I look, so I wear clothes which fit. It's kind of nice, actually.

2 comments:

  1. I love your goofy Paint art. Sooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! you're heavier than me!!

    ReplyDelete