Monday, August 07, 2006

Do You Think If I Gouged Out My Eyeballs With a Fork I Would Feel Better?

I'm thinking of making a melon soup for Meat-Free Monday tonight. I found a recipe that looks good. Stay tuned to my flickr page for a photo later this evening. The only potential problem could be the transport of a heavy cantaloupe from store to home.

I may also have a veggie burger. YUM. I love veggie burgers.

Earlier today, Jake and I were IMing about our "type." The guys I've dated have covered a wide range of physical types - black, white, asian, young, old(er), hirsute, hirsuteless, tall, short, thin, "heavier than I am," etc. etc. etc. What did they all have in common? They were all thinky and they all made me laugh. I guess that's my type - The Smart Funny One. And what's your type?

12 comments:

  1. as per our IM conversation, i still don't know what my type is. but maybe i'm learning what type isn't for me. maybe. i dunno. but one thing for sure, he has to make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait, wait, wait!!! eureka! i know what my type is! i'm attracted to the unattainable ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i don't think that when you define your type you should look at who you have dated only. the notion of type has more to do with your ideal in your mind's eye - or in your case you can tap into your knowledge of the doctrine of browneye buddhism. in the spectrum of types that you can categorize, if you were allowed to pick one - twink, rugged outdoorsy, geek, colt model, cro magnon, vicious fem queen, etc – which one or hybrid thereof would you choose? it's purely fantasy and has nothing to do with compatibility and reality.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today I had homemade veggie soup and a PB sandwich. Hoora for meat free mondays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm... My type seems to be smart blonde not-too-gay guys. Though I'm open to different flavor of course ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like thinky ones too. But they have to have a cute arse - or ass as some people like to call it. I don't really care if partner has a cute donkey type thing (Ass), an ARSE is all I care about!

    The brain, arse and intelligent conversation are all that matter to me. I'm so shallow....

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS. Could you email or post recipe for melon soup please? I'm interested. How the hell do you make a soup from something so flavourless as a melon?! I've got to try this one. I'll trade it for a recipe if you want?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Diablo is pressuring me to choose a "type" ... so based on his list, I think I would have to go with either a geeky outdoorsy type or a geeky colt model ;-)

    Happy now Diablo?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Without question I am attracted to geeks. However, I am happiest with "laid-back and grounded".

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooo... can I play too?!? My type of guy would be one that actually calls after they ask for your number (I'm not bitter though)... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. shouldn't diablo share what his type is?

    and to those who are into geeky types... call me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. My 'type' is: breathing.

    ReplyDelete