Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Oh, Life/ It's Bigger/ It's Bigger Than You/ And You Are Not Project Runway 3

I'm beginning (beginning?) to obsess about who gets "asked to leave" Project Runway tonight.

First, what rule could one possibly break which would make the Producers kick them off the show?

I have a few ideas:

1. Sex with another designer or member of the crew [Kayne, I'm looking at YOU!]
2. Violence [And who thinks Vincent won't go batshit crazy at some point?]
3. Cheating - getting outside help on a garment, or using materials that weren't allowed or purchased somewhere other than MOOD, or maliciously destroying someone else's garment, or ... or ... or ... the possibilities are endless. My mind reels!

Anyway, I think it's going to be a guy kicked off. And, I guess (hope?) it will be Keith. I'm not sure why, other than he's a cocky bastard and he thinks the rules don't apply to him:

Exhibit A: During the selection process, he brought in menswear, even though he was supposed to bring in women's clothing.
Exhibit B: He didn't actually design those clothes (He "collaborated" on the designs).
Exhibit C: In the "hottest accessory" competition, he didn't design an outfit for his dog like he was supposed to.

So, you have someone with a careless disregard for the rules. And he gets away with it. Eventually, he's going to think he can get away with more and more ... until the Producers can't take it anymore and kick him off.

So, that's what I think. Anyone else have ideas?

7 comments:

  1. maybe he's one of the boy toys of one of the producers and that's why he's getting away with it...didja think of that?

    i haven't seen the show. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, television. So glad I don't do that shit anymore. It makes you crazy, you know.

    But reading your description, that reeks of rigging for dramatic effect. The producers probably thought it would be boring if they didn't let someone break the rules and let everyone get fed up with him. What's the point of a reality show if it isn't real, though?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had this conversation with so many people that I work with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heh heh. Now you can't dare sneer at one of my silly obsessions ever again... and get away with it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course, I can.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've totally never seen that show.

    ReplyDelete