Monday, August 21, 2006

I'm Sorry Is That My Head Spinning Like Linda Blair's?

What a weekend, eh? Some interesting stuff happened, which I'm not so sure I'm ready to share here. Mainly because I'm still processing the earth-shattering ramifications of it all.

Ha. I am such a drama queen.

The further I get from the blessed event, the less important it seems. So, I suppose I'll share ... don't you feel special?

Friday, I met my friend, Jerry, for happy hour at Halo. After two watermelon margaritas, we weren't ready to call it a day, so we headed to Cobalt for another drink. We walked in and -My God!- it smelled like a freakin' sewer! Surprisingly, people were still standing around drinking and talking. Could they not smell it? Had the notoriously bad Cobalt mixed drinks numbed their senses of smell? I refused to be in the bar, so we headed out to the self-serve patio ... mmm ... frozen cosmo.

As we were finishing our drinks, Jerry mentioned that he lived close by and asked if I'd like to come back to his place for another drink. 3 strong drinks on an empty stomach and I agreed. Back at his place he mixed very strong vodka and limeade beverages. We sat on the couch and talked.

Next thing I know, we're making out like crazy. It was hot. I saw the goods. After awhile, I decided it would be best if I left before things got totally out of hand. He walked me out and said he'd call later.

On the way home I had a minor freak out (witness: Jake). I felt like somehow, even though we're "hanging out," I had cheated on Mike. I woke up on Saturday morning with the worst. hangover. ever. GUH. I thought maybe I should talk to Mike. Should I tell him what had happened? Should I not tell him, but try to define the relationship (DTR) more clearly? Should I just shut up and keep having fun?

I had a long talk with Darryl, who, in his wisdom, convinced me there was no need to discuss the making out. I busied myself with talking to a few other friends and getting ready for dinner. Jerry called wanting to discuss what had happened, but I told him I was still processing everything. He seemed OK with that.

Mike came over around 7. We ate dinner (which was yummy! If I do say so myself). We took Luna for a walk in the park. We watched Auntie Mame (not the Lucille Ball musical). We made out on the couch. He gave me yet another mind-blowing blowjob. *rowr*

We did not DTR.

He left a little after midnight.

Sunday, I blobbed around the house. I went over to Christal's to check her mail, water the plants, and goof around on her computer. I came home. I watched movies. I had a wonderful dinner of microwave popcorn and leftover wine. I talked to a lot of friends. The cuzin and I had a heart-to-heart.

And, I decided that I'm really happy -right now- with the status quo. I like being with Mike. I like spending time with him. I like everything we do together. I think Jerry is interested in being in a long-term relationship, and, even though I do eventually want to be in something long-term with someone, I don't want that right now. Plus, I don't think -right now- I can emotionally handle fooling around with more than one person. Soooo ... this evening, I need to call Jerry and explain what I'm thinking ... and hopefully we'll be able to salvage our friendship, at least.

4 comments:

  1. Do you and Mike have an explicit agreement about monogamy? If not, it does not seem like such a big deal. If so, then you probably to need to fess up. Just my $0.02.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GP: to date, we have had no discussions about monogamy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, wait, WAIT just one MINUTE.

    You're not going to tell Mike because you have not DTR. You're not going to continue to make out with the new guy because you can't be in two meaningless relationships at the same time. You're not ready for a 'real' relationship.

    Am I seeing some inconsistencies, here? I think that YOU think that you ARE in a relationship, dear. Or at least some part of you does.

    I mean, you basically just said, "I don't want to be in a real relationship right now, so I'll just stay committed to Mike." WTF?

    Not that I think you should be slutting around if you're not comfortable with that. It's not even the issue, really. I just think... I think you need to DTR with Mike, is what I think. And sitting down to say you made out with another guy is certainly a good way to open the conversation. Like, "So I made out with another guy last weekend, and it made me wonder: what then hell, exactly, is the status of my relationship with YOU?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Er, that's "what THE hell," not THEN.

    ReplyDelete