Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Book Meme

Since I love books, I'm stealing this from Sticky Crows

1. One book you have read more than once: Watership Down by Richard Adams

2. One book you would want on a desert island: Something long, like The Complete Works of Shakespeare

3. One book that made you laugh: Dr. Tatiana's Sex Advice to All Creation by Olivia Judson

4. One book that made you cry: Give Me My Father's Body: The Life of Minik, the New York Eskimo by Kenn Harper

5. One book you wish you had written: Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

6. One book you wish had never been written: Eh. Can't really think of anything ...

7. One book you are currently reading: Shakespeare: The Biography by Peter Ackroyd

8. One book you have been meaning to read: Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro. I pick this one up all the time at the bookstore, but haven't bought it ... Maybe with my next Borders Rewards Certificates.

9. One Book That Changed Your Life: Lonely Planet Japan

10. Now tag five people: Feel free to volunteer ...

4 comments:

  1. a good list of books. i can see how the 9th book transforms lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read "Never Let Me Go" at once. It's brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huh -- I don't seem to see Wonder Woman anywhere on this list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aghhh!

    "9. Lonely Planet". The two words that are sure to cause me an immediate increase in blood pressure.

    We used the Lonely Planet guide to Europe (even though I'm from there) and it was absolute crap. So much so that TT and I both sent emails to the editors about it. They had missed out so much stuff, and the information that was in there was completely wrong, inaccurate or misleading!

    I'm glad that you found the Japan one useful. Maybe they just got bloated on their own success and had turned to shite by the time they got around to writing about Europe? We're gonna spend some more time in Japan and China next year so if you're sure it's good I'll twist TT's arm and get it!

    ReplyDelete