Tuesday, November 13, 2007

With the Rapid Approach of Thanksgiving

Comes all those weird google hits for Chelsea Clinton's Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe.

I get at least two or three hits a week for people looking for Ms. Clinton's (apparently scrumptious) sweet potato casserole. Those hits will increase as the holiday season approacheth.

So, here is my annual announcement:

I do not have Chelsea Clinton's recipe for Sweet Potato Casserole.

After getting over a gabillion searches for it last year, I actually tried to get it for you people. Really. I did. I have a reporter friend who is assigned to the Hillary Clinton beat. I asked him to pass along a request for the recipe. No dice. I asked him again this year, but Hillary seems to have gone on Press Lockdown after her semi-disastrous debate experience.

But maybe this will tide you over ...

Not Chelsea Clinton's Sweet Potato Casserole
(I think it's my mom's ... but it could be someone else's)
(6-8 servings)

Ingredients:
4 medium sweet potatoes
9 oz. can of crushed pineapple
1/4 cup butter
1 egg (slightly beaten)
2 tsp salt
1 tsp nutmeg
2 tbsp brown sugar
mini marshmallows

Cook and mash potatoes.
Add pinapple, butter, egg, salt and nutmeg.
Beat until creamy.
Spoon into baking dish.
Sprinkle with brown sugar.
Top with marshmallows.
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes until marshmallows are golden brown.

[Note: You may want to add sugar to potato mixture, especially if the pineapple is in its own juice and not in heavy syrup. Taste to check.]

Who loves ya? VUBOQ, that's who!

7 comments:

  1. You do realize that even though you've added that "not" in there, you've probably just upped your chances for getting more hits, right?

    At least they'll get a recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I suppose that I shouldn't look here for Bill Richardson's scrumptious Mac'n'Cheese? Or Jenna Bush's famous Long Island Iced Tea?

    ReplyDelete
  3. If anyone does have a link to Ms. Clinton's sweet potato dish, I hope they leave a link to it here in the comments. I've looked on Google and haven't been able to find it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well obviously this year you will get hits galore, thanks to this post. But why did you get so much traffic last year? And why would anyone want to make Chelsea Clinton's Sweet Potato Casserole? Especially when the one my mother-in-law makes is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have made your Not Chelsea's Sweet Potato Casserole twice now and I can declare it GOOD! I think it's the pineapple that makes the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:43 PM

    Mark's mom has it, maybe she will post it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have Chelsea's recipe, I found it in a magazine at a doctors office a couple of years ago. Will be happy to share it with you all. JPR

    ReplyDelete