Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Share the Wealth with VUBOQ

Several weeks ago, I received a letter from the management company of the apartment complex where I used to rent. The letter stated that I was entitled to a refund of my deposit. All I had to do was fill out a (simple) form and mail it to them by mid-Decemember.

Well, VUBOQ may be more pretty than thinky, but he ain't no fool.

Even though I have a vague memory of receiving a refund of my deposit when I moved out (over two years ago), I thought, "What the hell" and sent in the form.

Today, the check arrived.

TWO HUNDRED FORKIN' DOLLARS!!!

Suh-WEET!

And, on the spur of the moment, this is what I decided to do.

1. Put $100 into my recently opened ROTH IRA (Pax World Fund Balanced! 8% Annualized Return! Socially Responsible Investment Company!), and

2. (this is where you, the reader, come in), Make a $100 contribution to a charity the first commenter chooses*.

So have at it. Someone leave a comment.

*subject to VUBOQ approval because I's not gonna gives my free money to an organization that advances ideas contrary to what I believe.

6 comments:

  1. Heifer International!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And btw, you rock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grrl, you ROCK! I was just talking to a friend the other day about an organization where you could buy a cow or pig or whatever for someone in a developing country! People, check out Heifer International!

    One hundred VUBOQ dollars will be heading there in honor of Pacalaga.

    *smooches*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, YAY! A donation in honor of me, AND smooches! I knew today would be a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heifer is an excellent choice. I usually give money at the holidays to them and to Seva Foundation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bossy wonders what in HELL she was doing yesterday instead of being HERE coming up with an idea of where to donate YOUR money. Bossy loves donating other people's money.

    ReplyDelete