Thursday, November 22, 2007

Waiting for the Rice to Cook

A little over an hour before the Thai Curry Thanksgiving Partyers begin to arrive. I'm all set. Once the rice is done, I'll fix myself a pre-party bowl of curry. Mmm. Hopefully, it will be edible.

In the meantime, here are a few things I'm thankful for (other than the usual: friends, family, and a roof over my head):

alcohol (mostly because it dulls the pain) ...
Isabella ...
creativity ...
free time ...
thinkiness ...

and much, much more.

For those of you who are celebrating today, hope it is/was good and stress-free.

Mmm. Rice is ready.

3 comments:

  1. Was it a nice party? Gosh I wanted to be there. (variation on a quote from It's a Wonderful Life, my favorite holiday movie.)
    How'd the curry turn out? I was thinking of you today, especially as I was working on a Traditional Thanksgiving Stupor(TM). I only got a bit of a buzz, though. No stupor. Had more fun cooking than I have in a while, though, and most of it turned out well. I over-spiced the meat. It wasn't hot spice, just too strong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more thing- What kind of rice do you use? We've been using Jasmine rice recently and I like it much better than the regular long grain stuff.
    I got myself a new rice cooker a few weeks ago. The old one, a thrift store special, finally died. I'd gotten used to cooking rice in a cooker instead of on the stove, so I had to replace it. Yummy good rice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pain? What pain? Jeez, are you sad? *hug*

    ReplyDelete