Friday, November 30, 2007

Tabula Rasa

The great expanse of the weekend stretches before me with nary a plan nor a scribble to be found on my calendar, which is kind of sad in a way, but also one of those fantastic challenges that I sometimes adore: How to fill my days with stuff to do and not go stark raving mad! MAD! I tell you.

Tonight, I may open up Bar Vuboq for the neighbors (if any of them are around). The Washington Post had an article the other day about stocking your bar for the Winter, and the drink with which the author begins the story, the Stinger, sounded inexplicably yummy: 1.5-2 oz cognac and 1 oz creme de menthe, shaken over ice, served with a twist. I am thinking of attempting to make those this evening.

And, perhaps, knit. And watch DVDs. I have both of Clint Eastwood's Iwo Jima movies, Flags of Our Fathers and Letters from Iwo Jima. I thought it might be interesting to watch them both, seeing as how they view the same battle from different perspectives. Not that I really enjoy war movies all that much. But, still ...

Tomorrow, I must clean. I must finally move the Halloween decorations into the storage room and bring up my Christmas ones, the purple tinsel tree, the lights, the ornaments, and, hopefully, the Christmas cards I bought last year on sale (I think ... what if I didn't buy Xmas cards on sale last year?). I need to start on StickSteven's 2007 Year in Review, as well. (See StickSteven's 2006 Year in Review here.)

Xmas tree

On Sunday, Carolyn and I are going to the pottery studio (for -hopefully- the next-to-last time for the year). I have to glaze the final vase, assuming it's out of the kiln. Then, we are going to drive up to the Greenbelt Festival [I don't quite *get* the chicken drawing in the corner, but whatever]. Our pottery instructor is selling/displaying some of her wares there.

See? Blank Slate.
*smooches*

5 comments:

  1. I don't think your link to SS2006 is working mate. It pops up asking for a password for me.

    Lucky you sent me a paper copy - yey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. only me: thanks. i have fixed the link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh -- I was looking for a winter cocktail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cocktail thing- that's a good idea. I'm morbidly fascinated with the tree. When you get it out and put up, please post more pictures. I can't tell from this one whether I like it, or it scares me, or I dispise it. Need more info.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the tree, but yes, more pictures. I love pictures. Because I have a feeble imagination.

    ReplyDelete