Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Win Some. Lose Some.

'Scuse me while I bitch 'n' moan for a quick minnit.

One of my co-workers called in sick today, which means more work for me and shorter breaks. Boo. Hiss.

Project Runway Season 4 premieres tonight, and a certain upstairs neighbor (who shall remain nameless, but here's a hint: Her name starts with a "T" and rhymes with "Romokito") spent all her money on a pair of Manolos and not on purchasing cable. Boo. Hiss.

The shoes are fab, though, so I can't be too upset.

Son of Stich 'n' Bitch is the only "men's" knitting book that Borders had on it's shelves. No Knitting Man(ual). No Knitting with Balls (*heh*). No Um... Something about men knitting and dogs. Boo. Hiss.

So, I flipped through the Son again and counted how many patterns I would be willing to make no matter the difficulty. Out of 45 patterns, can you guess how many?

5.

That's it. And, really, only one of those is mildly exciting (For those of you with the book, it's the white, large cabled rollneck sweater). Boo. Hiss.

The local Designer Shoe Warehouse (DSW) is full of teh suck. And I need one or two new pairs of shoes. Boo. Hiss.

On the bright side, tomorrow is Beaujolais Nouveau Day! C'est arrive! I'm having a few neighbors over for wine, cheese, and FUNtastic conversation. YAY!

It's the little things that make me happy.

Well, the little things ... and a whole lotta alcomahol.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know that knitting books were gendered. I always assumed that patterns for sweaters, etc. were unisex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gayprof- oh, no! While some are unisex, many of them are very gender specific. Unlike me...

    vuboq, darling, you need to write your own knitting book for men. I'll be a best seller (in knitting books, anyway) (among gay men in particular). I prefer the title "Knitting with Balls." Very good title.
    Am I just ill-informed to not know what Beaujolais Nouveau Day is?

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops. I mean "it will" be a best seller. I don't really want to BE a best seller. Write a best seller, maybe, as long as I could remain relatively obscure and still make lots of money.

    ReplyDelete