Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Pottery Sneak Peek

Last night was my last pottery class. *sniff*

We still have 2 or 3 more weeks of open studio to finish our last projects. Last night, I glazed a vase, trimmed another vase, and threw a new vase. So, I'll have a few things to do in the coming weeks.

I got two finished vases and a "handleless pitchery thing" back last night. You'll have to wait until later for photos, but here's a cameraphone sneak peek:

Vase3

Go ahead. Tell me I'm brilliant.

[For reference, the vase is about 5 inches tall. Clear matte glaze on the bottom, cobalt blue on the top.]

Not much new to report. I did spend the night at Y's. We did not have sex. In fact, we won't be having sex again.

Exhibit A: The Conversation

VUBOQ notices small bottle of Gun Oil (a type of personal lubricant, not the brand we have used in the past) on Y's nightstand.

Sayeth VUBOQ: "Gun Oil? Have you been having guests?"
Y: *nervous giggle*

silence.

The end.

11 comments:

  1. Re:
    Y: Ouch.

    The pic of the pot: Wow! I really like that one. I like the sexy shape, and I absolutely love the glaze effects. The two tone thing is great, and the drips of the blue... fantastic. I'd love to see it in person. I suspect the textural difference between the matte white and the gloss blue makes it even better. Oh, how I miss pottery. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't you say in a previous post that Y wasn't worth your time, or some such? You are WAY too cute (and talented - I WANT your pottery!) to put up with that crap. I don't know the back story, but have you LOOKED at yourself lately? Shimmering and glowing, dude. It says so right here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are brilliant. I love the blue! I have a small cabinet filled with blue china and glass. Gun oil, eh? I guess you could say seeing that was the last shot. I'm sorry. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carolyn10:36 AM

    Gun Oil...Not worth your time...As you mentioned earlier most of your friends didn't care for Y anyway. I want to your pottery its beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is one beeyooootiful potted thing. What everyone else said. Love that blue and the shape and the underportion. Just yum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are brilliant.

    Y is an ass.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would that be the "smoking gun" oil?

    Oof. Sometimes, that's all it takes to kill the magic. While I could see the attraction, you deserve better. You deserve someone who adores you. After all, you are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. VUBOQ--what everyone else said. Your pottery is teh awesome and Y is an ass.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Y: ooooo, surprise? no.
    I would say: next.

    Pottery: VUBOQ you are brilliant. Love the royal blue.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The vase is super cool. And you better not have sex with him again, he doesn't deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to go against the flow. Give Y another chance and your pottery looks awful.

    Now remember I'm on other side of world and switch everything by 180

    While you're switched - good on ya fella, bear up son.

    ReplyDelete