Friday, November 23, 2007

I've Been in My PJs All Day

It's been lovely.
Last night was a lot of fun. In all, 9 people were here, all of my upstairs neighbors, plus Jerry and his friend and Y. The curry was excellent (if I do say so myself); the beverages free-flowing; and the conversation was good. Jerry and his friend left around 9:30(?) and, then, the rest of us played this game called "Catchphrase."

I guess everyone (except Y) left around 11:30. I managed to get the house relatively clean and the dishes (mostly) done by midnight. Then, I went to bed.

It was very nice to sleep in this morning. And I worked on making my Friday plan a reality: I got up, made coffee, and spent the rest of the day on the sofa watching DVDs (in particular, Project Runway Season 1).

Y was trying to do work while I was watching PR1, and, at one point, closed his laptop and said, "I can't do any work with the TV on."

"OK," I replied and continued watching TV. He packed up his stuff and left. I'm not really sure what he was expecting. Me to turn off the TV? I have very little desire to cater to his needs ... especially when he is not meeting mine (or even attempting to meet mine. Not that I want certain "needs" to be met by him, btw).

Anyway, I knitted and watched TV. Knit. TV. Knit TV. Once I got to the final 2 shows of PR1, I called Tomoko to see if she wanted to come. We had a coupla drinks and watched the final shows.

Now, I'm having leftovers ... and later on, I think I might watch more TV. And maybe knit.

A perfect day, really.

Oh, and since I forgot to take pictures yesterday (other than of the neighbors in the Turkey Chase Race), here's a photo of my yummy leftovers:

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect day to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um -- So, Y really expected that you should change your plans just for him? In your own apartment? I.Don't.Think.So.

    Time for him to step to the curb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nobody asked Y to study on your sofa. Sometimes he can be a jerk...

    Anyways, I still have PR 2 and 3 DVDs...until I get a cable on Dec. 1! Whoo Hoo!

    Oh, BTW, curry was yummy. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. U send me Thai curry NOW. Teh wantz!

    ReplyDelete