Monday, November 12, 2007

A Quick Glance at Son of Stitch 'n' Bitch

I was kind of excited yesterday when I stumbled across a blog post about a new Stitch 'n' Bitch Book especially for the menfolk, Son of Stitch 'n' Bitch. During my lunchbreak, I wandered over to Borders for a quick looksee.

My overall impression: Mostly *meh* with some *bleah* and one or two *ewwwws* and -unfortunately- only a few "ooh, I'd make/wear thats."

Sadly, most of the "ooh, I'd make/wear thats" looked too difficult for l'il ol' me.

And, really, I am *so* over the Stitch 'n' Bitch skull fetish. OK, actually, I've never been into stuff with skulls. So not me. Skulls don't say "hip." They say "dead thing on my sweater." Yuck.

Maybe I'll wander over again at some point to spend a little more time with the Son. However, it's not going to be a priority. I applaud the effort of putting out a book just for the menz, but I'm not going to buy it ...

I wouldn't give it back if someone bought it for me though (*hint, hint*).

This book seems a lot more interesting.

3 comments:

  1. Sweetie, maybe if l'il ol' you were to actually try to tackle one of those "ooh, I'd make/wear thats", they'd cease to be that difficult.

    And, you know, maybe you won't be so bored bored bored bored *bored* bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bore'd bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored

    etc. ;-)

    Okay, I'm going to sleep. Hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking of you while driving my bus today. My mind wandered to a knitting project I want to do. I knit a little bit, but don't know how to do much. I was thinking of kniting a small drawstring pouch, and I want to do button holes to thread the string through. I've seen button holes knitted into sweaters and such, so I know it can be done. How does one knit buttonholes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. julia9:49 AM

    are you sure you don't want "men who knit & the dogs who love them" instead...?? and then there's always "knitting with balls"... ;)

    ReplyDelete