Sunday, September 16, 2007

Weekend Update: Sunday Edition

Happy Sunday, kittens.

Work may be a bit hectic tomorrow, so not sure how much blogging I'll be able to do ... so here's what I did this weekend...

Friday, I was supposed to leave immediately after work to go to a birthday happy hour. However, my fun, new glasses were hurting my ears. They (my glasses, not my ears) need to be adjusted (again. gah). So, I went home to put on my more comfortable glasses. Of course, I had to change clothes because the comfortable glasses didn't match the outfit. Why is my life so complicated?

On my way to the happy hour, I left my umbrella on the metro. GAH. I arrived about 45 minutes late and slightly damp. Because of my dinner plans, I could only stay there for about 20 minutes. I didn't even get to order a drink.

I met Jerry and Y at Straits of Malaya at 7:30ish. The food was great (as usual). The service sucked (as usual). [Note to the Waiters at Straits: When a customer raises his hand to get your attention, he is not waving at you to say "hello." He is not flirting with you. He does want you to come over to see what he wants. Thus, when a customer raises his hand to get your attention, do not smile, say "hi," and walk past him without stopping. If you do that, your tip will be negatively affected.]

Y and I discussed going out somewhere else for a drink, but, in the end, decided to head back to my place. ;-) ;-)

Saturday morning, I had a haircut. *woot* We're trying something a little different ... shorter on the sides and back, longer on top. I like it. It doesn't seem like it will be too much maintenance. We'll see how it looks after the next cut and color.

When I got home, I busied myself getting ready for a small social gathering. Tomokito and Diagonally Upstairs Neighbor's SuperCute Gay Brother joined Y and myself for cheese/crackers and my latest experimental cocktail - frozen Tom Collinses (lemon sorbet, lemon Italian soda, gin). They were totally yum! Very summery.

After drinks, Tomokito, DUNSCGB, and I went to Mandalay for dinner. Y took a nap (I brought him take-out). The food was great. The service, while in the same style of Straits of Malaya where all the servers work the entire room, was much better and more attentive than Straits.

When I got home, I made espresso, and Y and I watched Torch Song Trilogy. I hadn't seen it before. It was good. Definitely gave me a lot to think about.

Today, I went running in the morning. Made a late breakfast for Y and myself. Then, we sort of blobbed around until 2. Y had to leave to pick up a friend who is visiting from Israel. They are going out tonight. He asked if I wanted to go, but I thought it might be more fun for them if I didn't go. They haven't seen each other for several years, so they need time to catch up.

We will probably all go out to dinner tomorrow night, after my pottery class.

Speaking of tomorrow, I'm not quite sure what to do with Meat-Free Monday since I have class on Monday nights. I may have to do Meat-Free "Monday" on Sunday or Tuesday evenings. We'll see ...

2 comments:

  1. Diagonally Upstairs Neighbor's SuperCute Gay Brother? I hope that you talked me up to him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw Torch Song Trilogy live when it was touring about 25 years ago - it was brilliant. Then I saw the movie not too long ago. Different presentation than the live version, of course. Good show either way.

    ReplyDelete