Friday, September 21, 2007

How to Pull Yourself Out of Your Personal Pity Party: Step One!

Register for AIDS Walk DC.
Pledge to raise $500 (in 14 days! GAH!).
And try to convince 2 friends to join you! ACK!

What's a little donation between friends, right?

Click here to donate (please?).

Oh, and I may be sending some of you super-lucky friends form emails begging for cash.
Try to find it in your heart to forgive the intrusion. Skip the latte; send me $5. Or $100!

Click here to join my team: One is the Loneliest Number.

Being on MY team is only $25. You'll get a t-shirt! And you'll get to walk 5K with ME!
(How far is 5K anyway? Like a couple yards, right? Maybe a football field?)

Step 2? It involves bourbon. And lots of it.

7 comments:

  1. I just did a general team donation of $50. Good luck to you!

    Sassy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you SASSY! *smooch*

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, first, does each team member have to raise $500? And, second, will there be bourbon DURING the 5K walk?

    ReplyDelete
  4. clio bluestocking: Nope, the Team Goal is $500 total. If someone wants to join and walk with me, they can choose to raise a part of the goal or more than the goal. Is that confusing?

    Since I set this thing up as me being the only team member, I set my goal as being $500. I think I'm getting bogged down here ...

    Good idea about the bourbon. I need to buy a flask.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and, I really don't think a Team Member has to raise any money (other than paying the $25 registration fee).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to be able to help.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOW FUCKING COOL ARE YOU! You're heartbroken, so instead of wallowing in self-pity and staying home and getting depressed, YOU GO AND DO CHARITY WORK?!?

    COULD YOU BE ANY MORE AWESOME?!?!

    If you weren't gay I'd turn the jeep around and move myself into your condo right now.

    But since you are gay, I'm sending you a metric ton of sex toys. Watch for the UPS guy. ;-)

    ReplyDelete