Saturday, September 01, 2007

Cleanliness is Next to VUBOQliness

This morning, after a leisurely cup (or 4) of coffee, I walked up to Whole Foods to buy some supplies for my party on Monday. I also bought another chrysanthemum (a dark red one). I figure I can buy one mum every time I go to Whole Foods, and, eventually, I will have carted enough down here to make the garden look pretty and Autumnal. I estimate maybe 2 or 3 more mums. Maybe more.

Today's weather has been stunningly beautiful. Unfortunately, I've been inside cleaning for most of the day. The living room and dining nook are now practically spotless. The kitchen is (relatively) organized. I still need to clean the bathroom, but I may wait to do that tomorrow or Monday.

I did take a few moments to enjoy the sun and plant the mum this afternoon.

Around 4:30 or so, Tomoko joined me for cocktails [peach vodka with a splash of tangerine Italian soda]. Yum!

So, all in all, it's been a good, productive day. Tonight I'm going to watch a few DVDs and knit. *woot*

Hopefully, I will accomplish enough this weekend that I will feel justified in rewarding myself with that supercute pair of boots!

*smooches*

3 comments:

  1. I bought mums today, too! White ones, though. I wanted yellow ones, but I let Michael pick the color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh -- Everybody loves a cocktail party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buy the boots.

    :)

    ReplyDelete