Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Between a Rock and a Hard Place

Yesterday, we got a performance bonus because our Project Officer gave our team a perfect rating.

$500! *woot*

Of course, after taxes it will be much less.

Here is what I am thinking:

1. Buy these boots.
2. Buy these jeans.
3. Use the rest to help pay for my 6th Annual Bring Your Own Pumpkin (BYOP) Pumpkin Carving Party. [And before you ask, of course you're invited.]

The problem is this:

My company sometimes holds 3-day PMI (Program Management Something That Begins with "I") training programs. The next one is being held Oct. 26-28, which is not only the start of my vacation, but also the weekend I would hold the aforementioned BYOP Pumpkin Carving Party *AND* I have a hair appointment for that Saturday [cut AND color, kittens].

This PMI thingie would be very good for my resume [insert little doohickies over the appropriate vowels].

It also would cost me $500 (which would be reimbursed if I pass the PMI test). AND, it's in forkin' Tysons Corner on a weekend, which has to be one of the least Metro accessible areas in the Metro Area.

So, do I have a fun relaxing kickoff to my week of vacation? Or do I try to go to this PMI training? What to do? What to do?

3 comments:

  1. I like the jeans ... $105 is a bit more than I could swing but still.

    Love to see how cute you look in them.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:48 PM

    Go on vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turn on, tune in, drop out. I would totally do the party thing. But then, I am a bum.

    ReplyDelete