Friday, September 28, 2007

Ah Am Wearin' Mah New Bootz!

And, like, O-Mah-Gawd, I came into work and have had to work! What is up with that?

See, what's happening is this: Part of the enforcement and responsibility of the Act on which I work is being transferred from one part of EPA (OPPTS) to a different part of EPA (OSWER). Supposedly, this is to consolidate responsibilities.

Apparently, "consolidation" means "creation of nearly twice as many technical contacts."

I've been updating our referral lists all morning. *woot* Fun. Times.

I've also been polishing my resume [insert little doohickies over the appropriate vowels] and cover letter ... which reminds me of what I was actually going to blog about today:

I invited Y over to watch a DVD last night.

"What movie," he asked.
It's a French film, called "The Page Turner."
"What time," he inquired.
I don't know. How about 8?
"Ok," he said.

He arrived at 10 after ... NINE.
*sheesh*

I asked if he would mind looking over my resume [doohickies] and cover letter.
"Sure," he said.

He made some suggestions. I explained why I had written things as I had.
He made more suggestions. I explained those too.
He started to get frustrated because I wasn't immediately taking all of his advice.
I said that I am listening to what he is saying. I will be running everything by a few more people. After I get everyone's advice, I will combine it with what he said, and maybe make some changes.
Then, he said, in a very sarcastic tone, something along the lines of "I don't know why I'm bothering because you aren't going to take my suggestions seriously."

Um. Whatever.

I put in the movie.

For the first 15 minutes of the film. He kept making smart-ass comments. I mentioned once that I didn't appreciate that, because I was trying to concentrate on the movie.

Finally, I turned the movie off, and said, "Here. Let me put in something more to your liking. I'd rather watch the rest of this without the commentary."

I put in The Princess Bride. After the movie, I went to bed. He stayed up studying, because he has a big meeting with his advisors today. He came to bed around 6:30 this morning. That's when I got up to get ready for work.

I don't think I'll be inviting him over anymore.

8 comments:

  1. Years ago, I was dating this guy, and through some dumbassedness of his own, he became temporarily without a home. I invited him to stay with me until he could get a new place rented. (He wasn't short on money, just short on time.) We broke up within a week. He (and his two cats) continued living with me (and my four cats) in my one-bedroom for another two months, until I got fed up and told him that if he didn't move and soon, we would retain no vestige of a friendship. A friend of mine called somewhere during the end of the ex-bf's stay, and said, "Wait, didn't you guys break up a couple of months ago? And he's still living with you?? God, Richard, you are so gay."

    I don't know why I'm telling you this, but it came to my mind when reading your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very pathetic and somehow petty! Some people never learn because they are so self-involved to the point of being blinded (and stupid)..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...There is some connection here with the boots, I think. Perhaps for walking?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe you guys need some time apart, to re-assess your friendship. You went from relationship to friendship with benefits without a pause.

    just my two cents...

    ReplyDelete
  5. He reminds me of myself when I'm in what I later recognise as "denial"

    ReplyDelete
  6. His sleep schedule is even more fucked up than mine. And now that you're 'broken up' and your bullshit tolerance will naturally be a wee bit lower he'll start to ask you why you're such a bitch all the time, so it would be easier to spare yourself that and just not hang out that much.

    I'm reminded of the kitchen-rearranging episode... he's just kinda bossy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:13 PM

    Wait, you were annoyed by someone else's smartass comments? Wow. Talk about schadenfreude.

    ReplyDelete
  8. anonymous: I'm glad I could bring a small moment of pleasure into your otherwise sad and meaningless life.

    ReplyDelete