Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The Days of Our Laundry

Yeah, so I did laundry last night. I switched laundry nights with my wonderful Diagonally Upstairs Neighbors, because, tonight, my regular laundry night, I am going with Y to his friends' home for a Rosh Hashanna (Hashanah? Hashannah?) dinner party. FUN. Par-Tay with da Jewz!

We're supposed to bring a meaningful poem/passage/quote to discuss. I'll have to find something. Maybe a nice biblical passage from the New Testament. I can convert them all to the ways of Christianity! Wouldn't that be a HOOT?

Ha. Seriously, I have no idea what I'm going to do. Emily Dickinson? Hope is the thing with feathers? Too cliche? Shel Silverstein? I'll find something eventually ...

As my food contribution, I am making Aztec Couscous Salad from Lorna Sass' Short-Cut Vegetarian. Actually, I'm making something similar to Aztec Couscous Salad, because I can't follow a recipe. It's basically couscous, corn, black beans, red onion, cumin, cilantro, olive oil, garlic, chili peppers and lime juice. Tossed. Served warm or room temperature. Easy peasy and delicious!

It's also the start of Ramadan tonight, so ... um ... happy 30 days of fasting to all my wonderful devout Muslim readers. Eat lots NOW!

AND, according to NPR, tonight is also the beginning of the new millenium in Ethiopia. So, Happy Millenium, to all my Ethiopian readers! *smooch*

*ugh* I have work to do today. I'm still editing/updating the Training Manual. It's a hot mess (worse than Britney, y'all), because last quarter we had to change all our documents from Word Perfect to MS Word. The Training Manual did not transition well. gah! I'm supposed to be finished with it by Friday. We'll see if that happens.

I have to take frequent breaks, because the text gets a bit heavy after awhile, so

more later, kittens! *smooches*

3 comments:

  1. I only use WordPerfect and despise MSWord. Just sayin'.

    Have fun at your party. Maybe you could bring a limerick?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you know I was Ethiopian?!?! YOU'RE AMAZING!!

    GayProf, WP is so eighties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, I had to do that once. But there was no file. I had to retype everything. Then I got this scanning, text recognition software. That was the shit. But then I realized it often mistook a's and e's and o's for each other. Double ugh!

    ReplyDelete