Monday, September 24, 2007

Weekend Update: I Did Do Other Things Edition

I did do other things besides have teh secks with the most recent ex and drink lots and lots (and lots and lots) of bourbon.

I also drank lots of gin.

And, let me take a brief moment to extol the virtues of Ann Arbor's own, Leopold's Gin. I bought a fifth when I was there in March, and I save it for special occasions. In fact, I have only made 3 martinis since I purchased the bottle! The first two were to celebrate Tomokito becoming my New Upstairs Neighbor.

Number 3 was on Friday night. I felt I deserved a super delicious martini. And super delicious it was. Other gins pale in comparison, especially after drinking Seagrams for so long. Leopold's is YUM. I had to resist making a second martini. Mmm.

Saturday, I went grocery shopping. I picked chili peppers and hung them up to dry. And, I weeded the front garden. I also ripped out a whole bunch of flowers. They were scraggly, and I was tired of looking at them.

On Sunday, Tomokito, Y, and I went to the Mall for the National Opera's free simulcast of La Boheme. Mike joined us at intermission, and we saw one of my neighbors briefly. The sun was hot. I am a little sunburned, but it was worth it. The opera was beautiful. Y asked if I enjoyed it. I said yes. He said, but you weren't reading the subtitles. He went on to say that he thought that people get bored when they don't understand what is going on.

I told him that I read the synopsis before each act, so I felt that I didn't need to understand every word. Sometimes, it's nice to lie down and listen, to let the sounds wash over you. I like that.

The opera ended around 5. I was home around 6. I didn't do much else other than chat on the phone and online.

I really need to get caught up on my knitting.

Tonight, I'll be going to pottery class. And home afterwards. Not having to make the trek home after class was one of the nice perks of dating Y. *le sigh*

*Answer to the Photo Question: No, you can't. Ha! Trick Question! Vuboq and friends were behind the photographer.

3 comments:

  1. Y is such an anal anal guy who thinks that his personal taste is a universal rule, isn't he? It's an opera for heaven's sake not a play! dialogue is the least interesting (and the silliest) aspect of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, you could always replenish that supply of gin if you come here for your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son loves Opera, and asked me to take him to see both Carmen and La Nozze di Figaro earlier this year.

    We had nosebleed seats for the later, and I couldn't read the subtitles, I have to agree I got very very bored not understanding what was going on.

    Of course I really don't enjoy Opera, maybe that was it. What is most important is that my son enjoyed himself, and he certainly did.

    I'm glad you had a great time, given the most recent set of events and the fact that Y was there with you.

    :)

    ReplyDelete