Friday, September 07, 2007

Carelessness Has Lost Many a Battle

*ugh* What a morning, kittens. What. a. forkin' morning.

It all started out well. The alarm went off at six. I was up and out the door at 6:10. And had a nice 2 mile-ish run. The last few minutes of the run all I could think of was the yummy pot of coffee that was waiting for me at home.

Wisely, I had prepared the coffeemaker last night, with the timer set at 6:30.

So, when I got home, I did have steaming hot coffee waiting for me.

All over the kitchen floor.

I had prepared the coffeemaker, except for one key part: the carafe.

GAH.

So I treated myself to an egg and cheese biscuit, hashbrowns, and large coffee at Chik-fil-a this morning.

Weekend plans thus far: Nothing tonight (except cleaning and mopping the kitchen). Tomorrow, Y is having a party. I will help him prepare for that. No plans on Sunday either. I am becoming (becoming?) very dull.

2 comments:

  1. I did the exact same thing a couple weeks ago! I didn't center the coffee pot properly and came out of the shower to find coffee all over the counter and floor. The rest of the day followed suit ... a day of mopping up. I hope yours goes better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That's quite the blond moment!

    ReplyDelete