Thursday, September 13, 2007

Begin the Beguine

Somewhere the shofar has been blown. And a time to celebrate beginnings continues.

I took a few moments at the beginning of today to watch the dark slowly shift to light, filtering into my room and across Y's face. As his features became more recognizable, it dawned on me ... (ha! pun!) ... I'm in love. (*ack*) And my heart felt all warm and gooey in my chest.

His eyelids fluttered with the beginnings of wakefulness, so I moved my mouth to his ear to whisper the words that were on my mind ...

"Did you bring my spare keys with you?"

He nodded.

"Good."

So, it is with VUBOQ ... sometimes, the feelings stay in place. To make themselves at home before they feel ready to be shared.

5 comments:

  1. It seems you had a sunrise of your own this morning. Hugging lovely thoughts to yourself is one of life's joys. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that you have that gooey feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! Gooey feelings are so nice.

    ReplyDelete